Thursday 12 April 2012

Revlon Lipstick Swatches

Whilst the baby sleeps I have time to play with make up which of course makes me happy. Below are some swatches of my Revlon lipsticks for your mooching pleasure.

Ok so my camera has turned the picture and it won't turn back.....awesome. From top to bottom we have......




- Revlon Matte Lipstick in Really Red 006
- Revlon Matte Lipstick in Wine Not 010
- Revlon Matte Lipstick in Stormy Pink 011
- Revlon Matte Lipstick in Pink About It 004
- Revlon Matte Lipstick in Pink Pout 002
The one at the side is a Revlon Colourburst in Peach 075

Ok so some swatches




The lipsticks are in the same order as above except for the one on the far left which is the Peach one.








Sorry they're so paled out the lighting in my living room was really bright, it's a strangely sunny day today and I'm stuck inside bah! As you would expect from the name the matte lipsticks are completely matte. My personal favourite is really red it reminds me of Mac viva glam l they're both vintage looking reds and really red is a warm almost browned red. It makes me glide around thinking I'm a Hollywood star oh I can dream! Wine not is a very high coverage dark berry colour one swipe and you get the colour you see above. It's a very intense colour that I like to wear with a simple flicked liner to keep the focus on my lips.


Next up is stormy pink a lilac toned bright pink this is one of the sheerest lipsticks out of the ones I own in the matte range. From the colour in the tube I expected a pink that is like a fish slap to the face - shocking. It's a more muted version once on the lips but I suppose depending on your skin tone it could be amazing. My lips are quite pigmented so it does change the end result somewhat into a mauve pink.

Pink about it is beautiful there's no two ways about I simply love this colour for summer it's a pinked coral and is perfect for my pasty skin tone. I find corals hard to wear but this is definately one for pale to medium skin tones it's a keeper!

Pink pout is a pale lilac-pink that turns a deeper mauve ish colour on my skin and lips. I've seen some reviews that liken it to some Barry M lipsticks the names of which escape me how crap am I?!

Last but not least is peach which is too warm for my current skin tone but is amazing when I'm all fake baked up. This would be gorgeous on medium or tanned skin it has a lovely sheen to it and it took two swipes to get the coverage shown above.

In terms of wear the matte lipsticks last between 4 and 6 hours dependant on how much I eat and drink. I drink around 4 litres of water on average so I definately put them to the test. The peach colourburst lipstick lasts around 3 hours on average which isn't bad for a lipstick on me.

Ok I think I've waffled on enough now I'm off to eat a hot meal whilst the small person is still sleeping! Exciting :)

If you have any questions or want to see lip swatches just tweet me @NatNatNLJC or email me at natterwithnatnat@live.co.uk

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting my beauties, the fact that you took time to read my ramblings and comment makes me pull this face :D and do a happy dance! xx